No matter where you live, Mount Vernon Grandparents and Special Friends are an important part of our community. Like many of you, we can’t wait to see you in-person again. Until then, we welcome you to browse, share and engage with us from the comfort of your home. This page will help you connect with each other and your grandchild’s learning experience. Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
MV Grandparents Committee Contact Information
Anne Katz, Chief Community Development Officer, email@example.com
Elizabeth Werdesheim, Director of Community Giving firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenn Kincaid, MV Grandparent, Founding Member email@example.com
Lindy Rogers, MV Grandparent, Founding Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Callie Fuller, MV parent co-chair, email@example.com
Marilyn Kincaid, MV parent co-chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Your Calendars
MV Grandparent Coffee Club*: Topic: Socially Savvy Grandparents; Wednesday, November 11, at 11:00 AM -- Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/92704547257?pwd=S0Z2ejJXOERGVksyRjArM1lVQXdXQT09
Meeting ID: 927 0454 7257; Passcode: 4m1PNM
*Committee Chairs Needed! We will discuss the special grandparents clubs and chairs needed during our November Virtual Coffee (MV Grandparents' & Special Friends', Virtual Coffee Club and Virtual Book Club).
Filter the MV school calendar by interest to keep track of all the events, games, shows, holidays and school closure days here.
Head of School, Dr. Brett Jacobson: Stay informed on Mount Vernon's larger school initiatives, progress and future plans to better serve your family here.
Divisional Update: There’s always something new and exciting happening in each of our school divisions! View your grandchild’s divisional updates here:
Grandparents & Special Friends Facebook Group
Make wonderful connections and stay up-to-date on all things MV! Simply request to join MV Grandparents Facebook Group here.
Also, follow the school’s social media pages, and never miss a beat! Click on your favorite platform(s) and Get Social!
Need assistance with logging in to any of our social media? Contact Katie Trenney at email@example.com
Join our MV Community!
All Mustangs. All In.
Every Family. Every Year.
The Mount Vernon Fund bridges the gap between tuition and the operational costs for the School. This year, the MV Fund needs your support more than ever. If you are able, please consider giving or pledging early.
The 2020-21 MV Fund Priorities:
- Empowering our teachers with the training and resources to be agile and impactful in a dynamic learning environment.
- Strategically investing in resources that can protect and promote the health and wellbeing of our community- teachers, staff, students, and families.
- Supporting our Athletic teams and Arts programs as they reimagine their unique school experience and adhere to stringent safety protocols.
If it makes sense for your family, please join the 1972 Society, named for Mount Vernon’s founding year, by donating/pledging $1,972. Please maximize your giving impact by exploring matching-gift opportunities through your employer.
Connect with MV Arts Programs
- Learn more about our Arts programs here: https://mountvernonschool.org/spirit/arts/
- See what our students are creating on Instagram
- Join Friends of the Arts here to support and stay
up-to-date with our arts initiatives
Connect with MV Athletics Programs
- Learn more about our Athletics programs here: https://athletics.mountvernonschool.org/
- Get up-to-date info on our games and teams! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- Join Booster Club here to support and stay connected with our athletics programs.