Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (I.D.E.A) Statement of Principles
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Greater Atlanta Chapter is committed to developing and maintaining an organization that respects and values all people as it reflects, is responsive to and embraces the diversity of the communities we serve.
Our chapter is committed to promoting an inclusive, equitable, and accessible organization. Every member, volunteer, and staff member is encouraged to participate in a respectful and professional manner.
AFP recognizes that Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Access (IDEA) are central to its mission. The following is AFP of Greater Atlanta’s Statement of IDEA Principles:
- Recognize each person as unique and equal to every other person
- Show respect and empathy for all
- Cultivate trust and integrity that facilitates the integration of different voices in organizational discourse
- Appreciate different perspectives by active listening and facilitating dialogues among diverse groups
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness
Please direct questions to any of the following individuals:
Elisse Hayes, Lower Campus and Upper Campus Director of IDEA | x2254