10 YEARS OF MUSTANG RALLY
Friday, April 24, 2020
SCHEDULE AND FAQs
Schedule of Events
7:30 a.m. Students arrive at school as usual (report to homeroom) – both campuses
10:30 a.m. Families arrive on Upper Campus- Parking instructions below
10:45 a.m. Mustang Rally Opening Parade – all grades participate
11:20 a.m. Field Announcements and Alpha (Preschool)/Omega (Seniors) races
11:30 a.m. Dismissal - PS and LS students must be signed out by parents following closing ceremonies before joining Family Picnic and Carnival.
MS students will be released, but cannot leave campus
US students have permission to leave campus
11:30 a.m. All-Family Picnic
11:50 a.m. Faculty report to assigned areas
12:00 p.m. Carnival opens
2:30 p.m. Carnival closes and MUSTANG RALLY ends
8:00 p.m. Silent Auction closes
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. SHUTTLE SERVICES TO/FROM ALL PARKING AREAS OFFERED
Frequently Asked Questions about Mustang Rally
When is Mustang Rally? Friday, April 24, 2020 (all day)
What is Mustang Rally? Mustang Rally is Mount Vernon’s biggest community event of the year, and it directly supports professional learning for faculty and enhancements in classroom technology. Mustang Rally is a fun day where all students in Preschool through grade 12 build school spirit, increase campus unity and create pride in individual and group achievement. Please invite grandparents and special friends to attend this special day with you. We invite parents to take the day off from all other commitments to spend the day with their children at Mount Vernon.
- Make a bid. The Silent Auction will officially open on April 13 at 8:00 a.m. via online mobile website: Silent Auction Pro. Silent Auction item books will be displayed starting at 8:00 a.m. on April 24, and bidding closes at 8:00 p.m. on April 24. The auction will feature desirable school items including the much sought-after Teacher Experiences, carpool queen, a graduation package and many others. This year there will also be amazing experiences and travel opportunities up for bidding. Do not miss out on these amazing opportunities.
- See the Parade. Celebrate the arrival of each grade as they parade by and take their place on the field. Don’t miss the arrival of preschoolers with seniors, affectionately representing the Alpha (Preschool) and Omega (Seniors) of Mount Vernon.
- Enjoy the rides and fun. The carnival runs from 12:00 – 2:30 p.m. and offers all of the fun of an old-fashioned carnival – complete with rides, games, and a dunking booth.
What are the details of becoming a Sponsor? Your sponsorship not only supports the School, but includes incredible benefits for the entire family, Please refer to the Mustang Rally page on Lookup for more information. The sponsorship deadline is midnight March 20, 2020.
Electing not to sponsor - is there a cost to participate in the Mustang Rally? Tickets for lunch and the carnival, as well as Mustang Rally t-shirts, will be available for pre-purchase March 20 - 31. Lunch and carnival tickets will continue to be available for pre-purchase from March 20 - April 9. Carnival tickets can be purchased at the event. We strongly encourage you to pre-order these items. Regular school lunch will not be served.
How will the funds be used? Proceeds from the Mustang Rally will support professional development for faculty and staff and technological enhancements and expansion throughout the School. Past Rally funds have provided new printers and copiers on both campuses, a comprehensive network between campuses to provide business continuity, new iPads and server, and network infrastructure upgrades.
How does Rally day begin? Students arrive on campus as usual on Friday, April 24. Beginning at 10:15 a.m., students will gather on the Upper Campus and prepare for the kick-off of the Mustang Rally with the grade level parade. Parents and other family members should be in place at Upper Campus for the parade by 10:30 for a 10:45 a.m. start.
Do students wear uniforms that day? Students may wear the special 2020 Mustang Rally t-shirts (available for purchase prior to March 31), their MV spirit t-shirt or other Mount Vernon spirit wear. Seniors may wear a shirt showing the college where they will attend. Appropriate jeans or shorts are allowed as are comfortable shoes for running and playing. NO bathing suits, please.
What can faculty/staff wear that day? Mustang Rally t-shirts will be delivered to teachers before the Rally. Teachers are asked to complete an order form for lunch and shirts. Teachers may wear jeans or shorts and comfortable shoes.
What is for lunch? Get your pre-purchased Chick-fil-A lunches (nuggets or sandwiches, chips, and a drink) and join friends and classmates on the lawn for the Family Picnic.
How are Lower School and Preschool students released to parents? Students in Preschool through grade 5 will be released to parents or authorized representatives (designated by parents) at 11:30 a.m. Parents will sign permission forms ahead of time to confirm who will pick up and be responsible for each student as they enjoy the picnic and carnival.
No Extended Play will be available on Friday, April 24.
How are Middle School and Upper School students released? Students in grades 6-8 will be released at 11:30 a.m. to enjoy the festivities and are expected to remain on campus until 2:30 p.m. Upper School students will be released for the day at 11:30 a.m. Students leaving campus before 2:30 will NOT be allowed to re-enter. Cars are not allowed on campus for pick-up until after 2:30 p.m.
Where do I park?
- Visitor parking will be available at:
- MVPS Lower Campus- PLEASE fill up this lot before going to an overflow lot
- First Baptist Church of Sandy Springs, located at 650 Mount Vernon Highway Northeast. Please, do not park behind the church.
- B’nai Torah, located at 700 Mount Vernon Hwy, Atlanta, GA 30328
Attendants will be in all lots, please follow their instructions on where to park.
Shuttles will run to/from all parking areas from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Shuttle stop at morning Carpool Drop off on Lower Campus
- Shuttle stop at First Baptist (look for shuttle stop sign)
- Shuttle stop on Upper Campus near Upper School Building
- Shuttle stop at B’nai Torah (look for shuttle sign)
- Several student drivers will be asked to park on Lower Campus following specific location instructions from the US Deans, any leftover spaces will be available to guests.
- There will be no parking on the Upper Campus on April 24 (except to vendors and some carnival level sponsors who will have a parking pass)