Meet your Community Development Team
The sole purpose of this team is to focus on the Mount Vernon community experience. Our mission is to shepherd our 800+ families through their time at the School. Through exceptional customer service (High-Touch, No-Touch this year), this team will foster and support prospective families, current families, and alumni families - compelling them to apply to, invest in, volunteer for, partner with, and connect to our school.
At Mount Vernon, our 1600+ parents are not just a part of our community, they are the community. We have learned that the more engaged and connected our families are, the stronger, happier, and healthier our community. At the beginning of last year, we launched a new engagement campaign:
While it will look different during this time of physical distancing, we will partner with our families to provide creative moments for parents to learn and to serve.
LEARN: Parents LEARN when exploring Mount Vernon above and beyond orientation and conferences, in the form of Parent University. Regularly, the School hosts industry experts and national speakers, providing expertise on substantive topics such as A Parent’s Guide to the Complexity of Social Pressures, The Impact of Social Media, and Navigating the Teenage Years. During the 2020-2021 year, these experiences will be virtual.
SERVE: Parents SERVE when sharing their time, and/or talents with students, faculty and/or other parents at the School. Examples include participating in the MVXperts program, Chairing an MV Parent Network committee, and serving on Mustang Athletic Club (formerly Booster)/Friends of the Arts.
GIVE: Parents GIVE to The MVFund every year to elevate and enhance the student experience. Pledge or Give online to contribute to the School’s primary fundraising initiative to provide extra academic resources and add-ons. Every gift is tax-deductible and impacts this year’s students. All Mustangs - All In.
YOUR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Chief Community Development Officer
Anne provides leadership and strategy informing Mount Vernon community experiences, messaging, and giving.
Director of Community Impact
Organizes and cultivates family engagement from all angles by bringing about a deeper awareness of the MV culture, philosophy, and impact. Also:
- Oversees parent organizations
- Mount Vernon Parents Network
- MVXperts and volunteer opportunities
- Mustang Athletic Club (formerly Booster)
- Friends of the Arts
- Maintains corporate sponsors and relationships with School partners
- Partners with Spiritual Life on Service Opportunities such as Helping Hands, Toys for Tots, Food Drive and other service projects
- Community Ambassador
Director of Communications
Katie tells the Mount Vernon story through social media and the School’s blog. Additionally, she helps Alumni continue to stay connected and feel part of the Mustang community.
- Collects stories to share on social media - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn - and the School’s blog
- Connects the dots between curriculum, learning demonstrations, and experiences across all four divisions
- Helps MV Alumni stay connected to the School through newsletters, spotlights, and events
Director of Community Giving
Elizabeth oversees the annual giving strategy and all community fundraising opportunities.
- Manages our primary fundraising initiative, MV Fund (Mount Vernon’s annual fund). Gifts to the MVFund are tax-deductible and close the gap between the necessities funded by tuition and the extra resources that are essential to Mount Vernon education and experience.
- Collaborates with our families on how to maximize giving dollars. Corporate matching is an ideal way to double or triple your giving impact.
- Partners with MV Fund Parent Ambassadors to enable full participation across our entire community.
Director of Community Events
Molly oversees Mount Vernon’s master calendar and school events/experiences.
- Manages master calendar and creates communication schedule for calendared events
- Supervises and executes logistics and details for all events/experiences
- Shares announcements and messaging on bloomz, Mount Vernon’s community communication platform
- Maintains Lookup, Mount Vernon's parent resource
Senior Community Designer
Breanna oversees Mount Vernon’s inaugural school store to include designing, purchasing, and merchandising.
- Operates MADE in MV School Store
- Manages relationships with school uniform vendors
- Supports Mount Vernon community experiences, design, and investments