Community Development: LEARN * SERVE * GIVE
The sole purpose of this team is to focus on the Mount Vernon community experience. Our mission is to shepherd our 750+ families through their time at the School. Through superior customer service, this team will foster and support prospective families, current families, and alumni families - compelling them to apply to, invest in, volunteer for, partner with, and connect to our school.
At Mount Vernon, our 1500 parents are not just a part of our community, they are the community. We have learned that the more engaged and connected our families are, the stronger, happier, and healthier our community. At the beginning of the year, we launched a new engagement campaign:
LEARN: Parents LEARN when visiting campus to explore more about the School and its vision. Examples: Parent University, Informational Sessions, and Learning Walks.
SERVE: Parents SERVE when investing time, and/or talents in any capacity at the School. Examples: MVXperts, Chairing an MV Parent’s association committee, and/or serving on Booster Club/Friends of the Arts.
GIVE: Parents GIVE to The MVFund every year to elevate and enhance the student experience. Pledge or Give online to contribute to the School’s primary fundraising initiative that provides the best academic resources and add-ons. Every gift is tax-deductible and impacts this year’s students.
YOUR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Chief Community Development Officer
Anne provides leadership and strategy informing Mount Vernon community experiences, messaging, and giving.
Director of Community Engagement
Anne organizes and cultivates family engagement from all angles by bringing about a deeper awareness of the MV culture and philosophy. Also:
- Oversees parent organizations
- Maintains corporate sponsors and relationships with School partners
- Partners with Spiritual Life on Helping Hands, Toys for Tots, Food Drive and other service projects
- Community Ambassador
Director of Student Engagement and Alumni Relations
Katie oversees the student experience at Mount Vernon, including Alumni.
- Collects stories for and coordinates the weekly Newsletter
- Connects the dots between curriculum, learning demonstrations, and experiences
- Supports the Community Connector program for new families
- Mount Vernon Alumni Association
Director of Community Giving
Elizabeth oversees the MV Fund (Mount Vernon's annual fund) and all community fundraising opportunities.
- Creates and manages the comprehensive fundraising plan and appeal schedule to achieve the annual MV Fund goal.
- Collaborates with MV Fund Parent Ambassadors
- Stewards families by acknowledging all gifts and sharing giving updates
Director of Community Events
Molly oversees Mount Vernon’s master calendar and school events/experiences.
- Manages master calendar and creates communication schedule for calendared events
- Supervises and executes logistics and details for all events/experiences
- Shares announcements and messaging on bloomz, Mount Vernon’s new community communication platform
- Maintains LookUp, Mount Vernon’s parent resources
Breanna oversees Mount Vernon’s inaugural school store to include purchasing, inventorying, and merchandising.
- Operates MADE in MV School Store (MV lifestyle apparel, leather gifts, and other gear - coming soon!)
- Manages relationship with school uniform vendors
- Supports Mount Vernon community experiences, messaging, and investments