MUSTANG RALLY SCHEDULE AND FUN FACTS
Schedule of Events – Friday, April 26, 2019
7:30 a.m. Student arrival begins as usual (report to homeroom) – both campuses
10:30 a.m. Parents and other family members in place at Glenn Campus
10:45 a.m. Mustang Rally Opening Parade – All grades participate
11:20 a.m. Field Announcements and Alpha/Omega Piggy back races
11:30 a.m. Dismissal
PS and LS students must be signed out by parents following closing ceremonies before joining Family Picnic and Carnival.
MS released for Family Picnic and Carnival.
US students are released for the day
SHUTTLE SERVICES TO/FROM ALL PARKING AREAS OFFERED FROM:
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
NO EXTENDED DAY OFFERED
11:30 a.m. All-Family Picnic
11:50 a.m. Faculty report to assigned areas
12:00 p.m. Carnival opens
2:00 p.m. Silent Auction closes
2:30 p.m. Carnival closes - MUSTANG RALLY ends
Frequently Asked Questions about Mustang Rally
When is Mustang Rally? Friday, April 26, 2019 (all day)
What is Mustang Rally? Mustang Rally is Mount Vernon’s major fundraising event of the year, and it directly supports professional learning for faculty and enhancements in classroom technology. Mustang Rally is an exciting day where all students in Preschool through grade 12 build school spirit, increase campus unity and create pride in individual and group achievement. Please invite grandparents and special friends to attend this special day with you. We invite parents to take the day off from all other commitments to spend the day with their children at Mount Vernon.
- Make a bid. The Silent Auction will officially open on April 12 at 8:00 a.m. via online mobile website: Silent Auction Pro. Silent Auction item books will be displayed starting at 8:00 a.m. on April 26, and bidding closes at 2:00 p.m. The auction will feature desirable school items including the much sought-after Teacher Experiences, carpool queen, a graduation package and many others. This year there will also be amazing experiences and travel opportunities up for bidding. Do not miss out on these amazing opportunities.
- See the Parade. Celebrate the arrival of each grade as they parade by and take their place on the field. Don’t miss the arrival of preschoolers with seniors, affectionately representing the Alpha and Omega of Mount Vernon.
- Enjoy the rides and fun. The carnival runs from 12:00 – 2:30 p.m. and offers all of the fun of an old-fashioned carnival – complete with rides, games, and a dunking booth.
What are the details of becoming a Sponsor? The Mustang Rally is the major fundraising event of the year! Your sponsorship not only supports the School, but includes incredible benefits for the entire family, Please refer to the Mustang Rally page on Lookup for more information. The sponsorship deadline is midnight March 22, 2019.
Electing not to sponsor - is there a cost to participate in the Mustang Rally? Tickets for lunch and the carnival as well as Mustang Rally t-shirts will be available to pre-purchase March 23, 2019- March 29, 2019. Lunch and carnival tickets will continue to be available for pre-purchase from March 23, 2019- Wednesday, April 10, 2019. Carnival tickets can be purchased at the event. We strongly encourage you to pre-order these items. Regular school lunch will not be served.
How will the funds be used? Proceeds from the Mustang Rally will support professional development for faculty and staff and technological enhancements and expansion throughout the School. The 2018 Rally funds provided new printers and copiers on both campuses, a comprehensive network between Founders and Glenn Campus to provide business continuity, as well as new gaming PCs for our Maker spaces.
How does the day begin? Students arrive on campus as usual on Friday, April 26. Beginning at 10:15 a.m., students will gather on the Glenn Campus and prepare for the kick-off of the Mustang Rally with the grade level parade. Parents and other family members should be in place at the Glenn Campus for the parade by 10:30 for a 10:45 a.m. start.
Do students wear uniforms that day? Students may wear the special 2019 Mustang Rally t-shirts (available for purchase prior to March 29), their MVPS spirit t-shirt or other Mount Vernon spirit wear. Seniors may wear a shirt showing the college where they will attend. Appropriate jeans or shorts are allowed as are comfortable shoes for running and playing. NO bathing suits please.
What can faculty/staff wear that day? Mustang Rally t-shirts will be delivered to teachers before the Rally. Teachers are asked to complete an order form for lunch and shirts. Teachers may wear jeans or shorts and comfortable shoes.
What is for lunch? Get your pre-purchased Chick-fil-A lunches (nuggets or sandwiches, chips and a drink) and join friends and classmates on the lawn for the Family Picnic.
How are Lower School and Preschool students released to parents? Students in Preschool through grade 4 will be released to parents or authorized caregivers (as designated by parents) at 11:30 a.m. Parents will sign permission forms ahead of time to confirm who will pick up and be responsible for each student as they enjoy the picnic and carnival.
No Extended Play will be available on Friday, April 26.
How are Middle School and Upper School students released? Students in grades 5-8 will be released at 11:30 a.m. to enjoy the festivities and are expected to remain on campus until 2:30 p.m. Upper School students will be released for the day at 11:30 a.m. Students leaving campus before 2:30 will NOT be allowed to re-enter. Cars are not allowed on campus for pick-up until after 2:30 p.m.
Where do I park?
- Visitor parking will be available at:
- MVPS Founders Campus- PLEASE fill up this lot before going to an overflow lot
- First Baptist Church of Sandy Springs, located at 650 Mount Vernon Highway Northeast. Please, do not park behind the church.
- St. Joseph’s Maronite Catholic Church, located at 6025 Glenridge Dr
- Attendants will be in all lots, please follow their instructions on where to park
Shuttles will run to/from all parking areas from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Shuttle stop at morning Carpool Drop off on Founders Campus
Shuttle stop at First Baptist (look for shuttle stop sign)
Shuttle stop on Glenn Campus near softball field
Shuttle stop at St. Joseph’s (look for shuttle sign)
- All student drivers will be asked to park on Founders Campus, any leftover spaces will be available to guests
There will be no parking on the Glenn Campus on April 26 (except to vendors and some carnival level sponsors who will have a parking pass)