With the new Upper School building just months from occupancy, this is an exciting time at Mount Vernon.
As we look ahead to the 2019-2020 school year, we are excited about having two divisions on each campus, adding a coffee shop, filling an on-campus school store with MV gear, being able to spread out into more spaces, aligning campus signage, and making several other updates - one of which includes the Mount Vernon uniform.
The School’s Strategic Plan, MVx, calls for us to continue to set the conditions for learners to excel in college, career, and citizenship. The work we do on a daily basis requires movement. We want the school uniform to be unified, but not rigid. Continuity, practicality, and affordability are important factors as we partner with our families. Students should be able to have the flexibility to personalize their style and dress for their day, appropriately.
We are pleased to announce our partnership with two new vendors, in addition to Land’s End:
1) Flynn O’Hara Uniforms - storefront location & online ordering available now
- Around the corner from MV in Sandy Springs Plaza: 6311 Roswell Road NE
- 20% less expensive than previous uniform providers
- Make many monogrammed selections from the rack/shelf and go - without waiting for a sales associate
- Impeccable customer service: embroidery while you wait, no questions asked returns, solid inventory
- Free shipping on all online orders over $50
- 5% return to MV, annually
2) School Uniforms by Tommy Hilfiger - online ordering beginning June 1, 2019
- Solid quality and classic styling
- 25% less expensive than most uniform providers
- All items carry a lifetime guarantee washed, worn, or logo'd - no questions asked replacements, with free return shipping
- 5% return to MV, annually
3) Land's End (school code: 900075656) - online ordering
- Frequent online sales
- Long-time partner of Mount Vernon
- Serious about comfort, construction, and durability
Upon receiving feedback from students, teachers, and parents, we have made minor adjustments to the uniform, to begin in August 2019. The changes to the Dress and Everyday Uniforms are noted below, in red. All monogrammed items must be purchased from either Tommy Hilfiger, Flynn O’Hara, or Land’s End. There are no changes to the Spirit Uniform.
DRESS UNIFORM K-12
EVERYDAY UNIFORM K-12
- Navy, khaki, or charcoal pants/skirt/skorts/shorts (find your fit and style wherever you shop)
- Navy, white, gray, or light blue polo (monogrammed)
K-5 Only: Optional Light blue (Tommy Hilfiger only) or navy polo dress (monogrammed)
9-12 Only: Optional Jeans (blue, full length, no holes, no fraying)
All plaid items - skirts, skorts, and jumpers - will be collected through the rest of this year and donated to Garden Hill, Mount Vernon’s sister school in Lusaka, Zambia. Read more about our connection to these Zambian students through Hannah Hagenau (Class of 2019)’s story.
Please visit the upcoming Uniform Resale to see samples and ask questions.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact Anne Katz, firstname.lastname@example.org.