We are excited to announce that Scholastic has introduced an easier way for your children to shop at the Book Fair. This digital payment option enables you to establish a safe and secure spending account for your child. This means you do not have to worry about sending your child to school with cash, a blank check or a credit card.
Information follows that will walk you through the enrollment process as well as answer any questions you may have.
The Book Fair opens on Tuesday, November 6. If you would like to establish an eWallet account for your child, please do so before November 6 so that the funds are available as soon as the Fair opens. Please note that siblings can not share accounts; an eWallet must be set up for each child.
If you do not wish to participate in eWallet, that’s fine too! The Book Fair continues to accept cash, credit cards and checks made out to MVPS.
Media and Maker Manager
- eWallet is a new, digital payment option that provides a secure, cash-free way to shop the Book Fair. Parents can pre-authorize a spending amount online, which can be looked up or scanned at checkout. With eWallet, there is no need to send your child to school with cash, a blank check or a credit card.
- When you create an eWallet, the amount you select as your child's spending limit will appear as a temporary hold (or pending charge) on your credit card and will be reflected in your available balance. You will only be charged for what is purchased, and after the book fair ends, the hold will expire and the funds will be released back to your credit card.
- Additional funds can be added to the eWallet at any time. You can also cancel funds. Track spending and see all activity in your order history through your MyScholastic account.
- eWallets are accessed at check out using the student's name, grade, or teacher; eWallets do not have to be printed or presented to a cashier.
- You must create an eWallet for each one of your children; accounts cannot be shared or transferred.
- If any items purchased during the fair are returned, the amount will be credited back to your card. Processing times may vary. Contact your credit card company for specific information regarding your account.
eWallet Set Up
- Go to www.scholastic.com/fair
- On the Find Your Book Fair page, enter Zip Code 30328
- Scroll down the alphabetized list to MVPS
- Click on View Fair Homepage
- Scroll down to the green Go Cash Free! window
- Click on Get Started
- Click on Go to eWallet
- Sign in if you already have a Scholastic account; register if you need to create an account
- Complete all required fields
- Select Continue
- Select Authorize Amount
- Receive confirmation email
- Send your child to the Book Fair knowing that secure funds are available for Book Fair purchases
If you have any questions, please contact Juliette Minutaglio at firstname.lastname@example.org