Well this is a first, but hey you’re stuck in your house bored anyway & I want to get this thing going! Please read through this to get ALL your instructions first & then go to town!
- Fully charge your phone & bribe 1 or 2 people in your house to help film you & participate!
- Pull up the audition materials on tinyurl.com/mvpsrehearsals
- Film your prepared monologue
- Remember to be BIG & BOLD with your character choices-there are no right or wrong answers! Looking for voice inflection, projection, body language, facial expressions, good diction & memorization :) How might you bring that character to LIFE?!
- If your monologue has both a Spanish & English option, please perform them both. We’re looking for excellent Spanish diction!
- Film your group song (One Jump)
- Please sing along with the track, but be conscious that we can hear your voice over the track. No acapella auditions will be accepted.
- Remember we’re looking for good diction, tone quality, pitch accuracy, projection, and excellent presentation skills (body language & facial expressions).
- Feel free to add some movement! Show off some special tricks/skills!
- Film your individual song choice (Un Salto Adelante, Friend Like Me, Why Me, A Whole New World)
- Same expectations as group song :)
- Say THANK YOU to your helpers :)
- Make sure you’ve completed your audition form online
- Send Mr. Taylor & Ms. S an e-mail ([email protected], [email protected]) with the following attachments:
- Monologue video
- Group song video
- Individual song video
- Share the well! Send these instructions to any of your friends who you know are interested in auditioning for a principal part in Aladdin! Ensemble auditions to come in late February...
HAVE FUN with this! Video auditions should be completed by Thursday (1/18) at 5pm. Can’t wait to watch them :) Friday (1/19) after school we will have a dance call in the Blackbox & then ask a few students to stay for an invited callback-so please make sure you have Friday from 3:15-6pm free! Please e-mail me with any questions! Happy filming & see you Friday after school!
Mr. Taylor & Ms. Schmutzler