Mount Vernon’s Extended Play/PlayMaker programs provide the following:
Extended Play (after school care):
- Preschool Extended Play hours are 12:00 - 6:00 p.m. A hot lunch and afternoon snack will be provided for all Preschool students in Extended Play.
- Lower School/Middle School/Upper School Extended Play hours are 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. An afternoon snack will be provided to all students in Extended Play.
- Students in grades 6-12 will be in the Middle School Building, and must be picked up inside the building.
- Conference Day care for Preschool and Lower School is by reservation only, between 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Drop-in care for conference time only, is provided for free. There is a one hour limit for free conference time care.
PlayMaker Classes (after school enrichment classes):
Preschool 2019-2020 PlayMaker Catalog
- Learning at Mount Vernon does not just happen between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. PlayMaker Classes provide children in Preschool through grade 8 opportunities to engage in areas of interest, amplifying our foundational curriculum. From Lego club to soccer, yoga to photography, dance, and chess, we provide the opportunity to extend a child’s passion or spark a newfound interest. Please peruse our extensive to see the many and varied offerings.
- After their PlayMaker Classes, children will be escorted to carpool beyond the Courtyard, or sent to Extended Play. Preschool children are escorted to carpool at the Education Building, or taken back to their classrooms for Preschool Extended Play.
- PlayMaker Class updates:
- Several classes are changing, with sessions being added
- Individual class logistics will be shared after Christmas break
If you need to reach someone in Extended Play or PlayMaker Classes for any reason, please text or call Lisa Brady (K-8) or Sherry Washington (Preschool).
Director of Extended Play Programs
Leave a message: 404-252-3448 ext. 2302
Preschool Playmaker Program Director
Phone: 404-252-3448 ext. 2303