- On the Site
- In text, email and other electronic messages between you and Mount Vernon
- Offline or through any other means, including on any social media pages we manage, telephone, other websites we operate, mail and including our affiliates and subsidiaries, or any third party
- Through our mobile applications (the “Application”)
Information Collected and How We Collect It?
We collect both personal and technical information from and about users of our Site and Application, as follows:
- Personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information includes information such as name, telephone number, e-mail address, home address and any other information collected by the Site that is defined by applicable law as personal or personally identifiable information, and any other information by which may be use to contact you.
- Information about how you use our Site
- Behavioral tracking information and/or
- Aggregate information about the type of equipment used to access our Site, details about your internet connection, and usage details while on accessing and using our Site.
Information is collected from you both automatically and voluntarily:
- You voluntarily provide information to us through various methods including but not limited to filling out forms (i.e. visitor registration cards, event and/or Mount Vernon activity registrations, etc) email, the Site or Application or by any other means whereby you voluntarily provide the information to Mount Vernon, our affiliates, subsidiaries or any third party.
- Information is collected automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Site or Application. Information such as IP address, the type of computer or mobile operating system (e.g.., Windows or Mac) and browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, mobile internet browser) used to access the Site or Application, mobile carrier and other similar information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. NOTE: This information is considered statistical data and does not include personally identifiable information; however we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you otherwise provide to us via voluntary means. The technologies used to automatically collect data may include cookies and similar online technologies defined below.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your device that enables Site features and functionality. For example, Cookies enable us to identify your device and record the Web pages you have visited. Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting to opt-out of receiving cookies, our system will issue cookies when you visit our Site.
- Locally Stored Objects (sometimes referred to as “Flash cookies”). Adobe Flash player and similar applications use locally stored objects in order to provide certain content, such as video on demand, video clips, or animation. Certain features of our Site may use flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. You can restrict or block flash cookies through the Adobe website. If you restrict or block flash cookies, there may be some features of our Site that you are not able to use.
- Web Beacons. Small electronic files embedded in a web page or email that allows for tracking of whether a user has accessed the content. These files may be embedded on pages on our Site to allow us to collect Site statistics such as the number of views a particular page has received, identify the most and least popular content on the site and collect other related Site data.
We do utilize third parties to provide some of the content and/or applications on the Site. Third parties may include but are not limited to content and application providers and MV affiliates. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information when you use our Site. We do not control these third parties tracking technologies or how the information collected may be used.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA):
We are strongly committed to protecting the safety of children. As such, it is the policy of Mount Vernon School that no one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site and we do not solicit and/or knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without verifiable written consent from the parent(s) or guardian. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. Please contact us with any concerns.
How Do We Use Your Information?
All information that Mount Vernon School collects and that you provide to us is used for Mount Vernon purposes. We do not sell, lease, or distribute any information to any commercial entities. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To contact you via mail, telephone, email or text message.
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and notices about your account.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, in any other way we may describe when you provide it, and for any other purposes with your consent.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products and services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- For payment processing and financial account management.
- Health and safety
- Contact management
- Site administration
- Security and Fraud prevention;
- Corporate Governance;
- Legal Compliance
Disclosure of Your Information:
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support Mount Vernon.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent or disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mount Vernon and its community.
- To close your account, please email us your request.
We have implemented measures to help secure personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information provided by you to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions are encrypted during the transaction.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given or you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.