Mount Vernon Presbyterian School welcomes international students from all parts of the world. Students in our Upper School have come from China, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Germany, Korea, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, among others. We seek international students with strong English proficiency, who have the desire to learn, curiosity to innovate, and drive to make an impact.
HOW TO APPLY
Mount Vernon partners with The Cambridge Network, ensuring the best possible international connection. The Cambridge Network’s international student program prepares students for life abroad prior to arriving at the school and continues to provide international students with ongoing support throughout the school year. International students coming from China, Hong Kong, Macao, or Taiwan must work with The Cambridge Network to apply to Mount Vernon. Please click here to begin the application process with The Cambridge Institute.
Please contact Admissions for details about international student tuition.
Please note that applications submitted after February 15, 2017 will be assessed on a rolling admissions basis. Limited spaces are available in select grades.
Kelly Eastwood, Associate Director of Admissions, (404-252-3448 ext. 2403)
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS for international students coming from countries other than China, Hong Kong, Macao, or Taiwan:
- Application Form (completed by parent through Ravenna hub)
- Parent Questionnaire
- Student Questionnaire
- Nonrefundable Application fee $225
- Photocopy of Official Passport
- Official SSAT, ISEE, PSAT, or SAT Testing (includes writing sample)
- Official TOEFL, TOEFL, Jr., ITEP, or IELTS Testing if English is a second language (official score reports are required)
- Interview with Student (Skype or in person)
- Official Transcript – complete the Transcript Release Authorization Form to be sent directly from school(s), both original documents and English translation
- Confidential Principal/Counselor Evaluation Form
- Confidential English Teacher Evaluation Form
- Confidential Math Teacher Evaluation Form
- Verification of Housing/Residency and Host Family/Guardian