Welcome to the MV Parent Network (formerly MVPA)! If you are interested in learning more about how you can get involved, please contact Anne Katz, Chief Community Development Officer. at firstname.lastname@example.org or express interest here. There’s always a place for you.
Who we are
The Mount Vernon Parent’s Network (formerly known as the MVPA or MV Parents Association) works to promote a strong sense of community by encouraging Mount Vernon families to Learn, Serve and Give. We provide parents the opportunity to support each other, as well as faculty and staff in an informed, and welcoming environment. Our success is grounded in a shared mission, supportive community and strong parent participation.
The core objectives of the MVPN are to:
- Build Community
- Advance Mission
- Drive Impact
All parents, grandparents, persons standing in place of parents, and parents of alumni are members of the MVPN. Membership is covered by tuition. Mustang Athletic Club (formerly Booster) and Friends of the Arts may require additional dues.
How To Serve: (Interest Form)
Express Interest in the Committees you want to serve with here.
The MVPN is led by an MV staff representative. The MVPN Steering committee consists of the Chairs of each committee and the Treasurer. Committee Coordinators, Ambassadors and Liaisons serve under their respective committee Chairs. Within the limitations of the Community Development budget and Committee responsibilities, the Committees and the duties of each are as follows:
- Spirit Committee supports and promotes school spirit activities and wear in partnership with Booster and Friends of the Arts at the School.
- MV Cares Committee helps provide care and appreciation for our families, staff, faculty and greater community. The group helps organize school-wide faculty appreciation days, non-profit partnerships, parent prayer and service days, and activities such as meal trains and ‘care cards’ for staff and families managing loss or illness.
- Mustang Athletic Club (formerly Booster) Committee promotes and supports MV sports and other athletic activities at the School in conjunction with the Athletics Department.
- Friends of the Arts Committee promotes and supports MV Arts programming and activities at the School in conjunction with the Visual and Performing Arts Department.
- Major Events Committee helps plan and manage school-wide events, fundraisers, special activities, including but not limited to, Mustang Rally, Rock the Block, Grandparents Day, Volunteer Appreciation, Homecoming events, Auctions, and Galas.
- New Family Committee welcomes and helps orient new families to the School community.
- Communications Committee is responsible for communications between faculty, staff and parents, and capturing and sharing key activities of the School and MVPA committees across each grade level.
- MV Grandparents Committee provides grandparents with an opportunity to support the school’s mission, to help build a stronger community that is inclusive of our grandparents and caregivers, and to impact and engage in our students' learning experience.
- MVXperts Network Committee works to connect and support the skills, services and businesses represented in the Mount Vernon parent community and elevate the needs and opportunities for mentors, experts and partners to support educational outcomes at the school.
- Giving Committee helps drive participation in the MV Fund and Rally sponsorship.
- Community Engagement Committee supports divisional and grade-level connections and engagement by leading grade-specific events, socials, and activities for families.
- Room Parents Committee helps strengthen parent and student connections within Preschool and Lower School classrooms, supports classroom needs, and bridges communications between faculty, staff and parents