At Mount Vernon our parents are uniquely positioned to provide authentic real-world input and feedback to our students. In fact, we consider all of our parents Experts in Residence. The EIR program is an interactive opportunity for families to share real life experiences in our classrooms. From time to time throughout the year, you may be called upon by our faculty and staff to serve as an Expert in Residence. If you would prefer to opt out of the program, please fill out this short form noting your preference not to participate.
Our Experts in Residence participate at Mount Vernon in the following ways:
- Offer real-world knowledge to complement project based learning opportunities
- Serving as a judge for an innovation competition
- Providing expertise and feedback for an (i)project endeavor or an Innovation Diploma venture
- Introducing their industries to our learners
- Providing an internship opportunity during Upper School Interim Week
- Connecting ideas, challenges and the initiatives that local businesses and organizations face
- Serving as an interviewer through the Upper School mock college admissions interviews
Contact Allison Toller, Chief of External Affairs at email@example.com with any questions, suggestions and/or ideas.